Opinion: Closure of POC Yoga due to hate, death threats a tragedy for all people of color

Sharon H. Chang October 18, 2015 145
Photo by Cheeseslave

Photo by Cheeseslave

Teresa Wang, a Seattle area yoga teacher and mother, has been through what could only be described as a harrowing and hellish last few weeks.

“It was like, ‘We’re going to come down here and kill you,’ and, ‘I want to make sure you’re all there before you meet your maker,’” Wang recalls. She starts sobbing and shaking. “I didn’t know where to go and was texting the word ‘EMERGENCY’ over and over again. … It was just the baby and I, and I had no clue what to do.”

For the past 5 years Teresa has been involved in a beloved community collective called POC Yoga. The collective offered monthly to weekly yoga classes for people of color. It was also a safe space for lesbian, bisexual, gay, queer, and trans friendly, and open to people of all ages, body sizes, abilities, genders, and experience. But not anymore. Due to an unauthorized September post advertising their class on the online social network Nextdoor that was then critiqued by conservative talk show host Dori Monson, POC Yoga and Teresa were suddenly met with angry white protest that escalated into national ire and multiple death threats.

During his October 7 show on KIRO-FM, Dori myopically focused on a part of POC Yoga’s class description which put forth “white friends, allies, and partners are respectfully asked not to attend.” Despite on-air claims that he had “zero problems” with POC Yoga, was “perfectly fine” with the practice, and believed POC Yoga “should be free”—he also openly accused POC Yoga of being “racist,” “exclusionary,” and more than once (instead of calling the collective by its self-chosen name) referred to it as “no whites yoga class.” Dori gave no historical context, did not acknowledge whites disproportionate privilege in a white-dominated culture, and made no mention of the ongoing microaggressive to extreme racism people of color have faced in America for centuries.

Directly following Dori’s heated criticism, Teresa said hate calls and death threats started pouring in every five minutes. There were all together over 200 phone calls, and hundreds and hundreds of emails filled with hostility and hate. What had just been anger generated out of a Nextdoor post spiraled into a violent, racist fervor that swept the country and made its way onto inflammatory websites like Infowars and Drudge Report. She rushed out that day to get a security system for her home though she stayed with a friend that night for safety. From that point through the weekend POC Yoga and Rainier Beach Yoga (the studio where class was held) filed several police reports. On Monday they filed an FBI report.

“Those death threats alone illustrate exactly why people of color need safe spaces,” said Joe R. Feagin, Distinguished Professor of Sociology at Texas A&M. Feagin is author of over 200 research articles and over 60 books on race, class, and gender. He has been studying patterns of white discrimination against people of color in the United States for 50 years and has reviewed hundreds of empirical studies. Feagin says the empirical data is clear. “Racism is still extraordinarily widespread in this country and does great harm to people of color,” he explained. “Therefore it is not only logical but necessary that people of color create safe spaces away from whites in which to deal with the stresses of racism and build up strategies to resist.”

In regards to Dori’s show and cries of reverse racism, Feagin said whites are taught from cradle to grave to center their own self-affirming views and emotions of “white virtue” (i.e. white people are the most virtuous in every way). From that point of view, what he calls the white racial frame, it is then white people who “get to decide who’s a racist”—not people of color. “And the corollary then of course is that whites don’t want to listen to people of color,” Feagin continued. “They don’t want to know where people of color are coming from.”

Feagin added that such white worldviews end up trumping truth: “It’s especially true in this self-affirmation where you’re trying to protect your image of yourself and what you see as your image in society by rejecting incoming facts.”

Indeed, during his show, Dori pointedly named Teresa Wang as POC Yoga co-founder and played an edited phone interview Wang had given to KIRO reporter Jillian Raftery. In the interview Teresa stumbled a bit over her words, sounding somewhat confused and unsure, which Dori leveraged to bolster his accusation of reverse racism. Dori also alleged it had been very difficult for their reporter, Jillian Raftery, to even obtain the interview in the first place: “They wouldn’t talk to her and they escorted her out.” The implication that Teresa had been difficult or hostile to his team’s interview request seemed to only further prove his point about POC Yoga being exclusionary.

But Teresa tells a different story.

“The only reason I took that interview with Dori is because they basically threatened me,” she alleges. “He was gonna do a live thing on me … [with or] without a statement from me. And I felt so pressured.” Teresa claims the first day of POC Yoga class at Rainier Beach Yoga, their new locale, Jillian Raftery showed up in a KIRO van with mic-in-hand. “She asked for an interview,” relayed Teresa, “and I just said, ‘You know what now isn’t a good time. We’re about to have class in 15 minutes. Please email me and I’ll respond back to you.” According to Teresa, Raftery then got angry, raised her voice and kept demanding Teresa’s phone number. Eventually Raftery left and Teresa did call back to give an interview. But even then, she alleges Jillian set her up by saying misleadingly: “I agree with POC Yoga’s values. This is just my job. You know, feel free to say whatever you want. Just get it all out there.”

Jenn is another original co-founder of POC Yoga. She relocated to California years ago where she is now a social worker working with youth who have experienced trauma. She pointed out these kinds of experiences are exactly why their community collective founded POC Yoga 5 years ago to create a healing space for marginalized peoples: “This is about people of color and what we’re dealing with all the time. There’s always a way in which we’re having to be careful or take care of ourselves.” Jenn said for folks of color, queer people of color, etc, trauma all too often lives in the body. “Whether that’s historical trauma, generational trauma, or things that we’ve actually experienced, yoga’s a regulating experience,” she said. “It helps us to regulate our emotions and move our bodies in a way that can re-center us.”

But that respite and healing is no longer available to Teresa or others who would have experienced it through POC Yoga. Teresa said that since her interview for Dori’s show, her work has been affected; she’s suffered loss of wages. Before this incident she had practiced yoga herself twice a week. But she hasn’t gone to a yoga class since. Instead she is alternately consumed with anger and horrifically traumatized. She said, sobbing: “I’m going to some kind of therapy on a daily basis … I just feel like my mental health is so not well right now. I am not well.” She then stopped and could not speak for a while.

When she could speak again Teresa said it does help her feel better remembering the very first POC Yoga class (which she taught) in May 2010 at Garfield Community Center. Fifty people turned out on a sunny day. “It was so beautiful … to just see that many people of color who wanted to do this,” she recalled with a smile on her face. She said she thought to herself: “‘Oh my gosh there’s finally this healing space for all of us.” She talked about touching peace, finding calm, being grounded, learning strength. But then her smile fades. Because now what was lovingly known for a half decade as POC Yoga has abruptly and tragically come to an end. When asked what she wanted the public to know, her answer was firm: “You need to say, from Teresa’s mouth, POC Yoga has shut down.”

For more opinions, click here

145 Comments »

1. Tim McGettigan October 19, 2015 at 9:39 am -

Joe Feagin is a jackass. Feagin has famously studied racism for 50 years, but Feagin has never generated any insights that have improved the lives of people of color. In fact, Feagin and the American Sociological Association (the dopey professional organization that Feagin misinforms) have arguably set back the cause of ethnic justice over the past 50 years by treating racism as “a thing to study” rather than a sickness to remedy.

Several years ago, I had the misfortune of attending one of Famous Joe’s lectures. At one point, a student asked Famous Joe how 21st century Americans might undo the USA’s pervasive environment of racism. Without missing a beat, Famous Joe replied “sensitivity training for racists.” So there you have it: we can end racism by turning haters into lovers.

Oh, the luscious fruits of 50 years of research…

By the way, the student was not impressed with Famous Joe’s BS either.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 19, 2015 at 1:24 pm -

Delusions like this is why being an advocate for liberal causes isn’t worth my time anymore. We’ve come to a point where unless you always move with the goal posts eventually you’ll considered a hindrance to the cause, no matter if you’ve dedicated your life’s work to the study of it. This, of course, will happen swifter and possibly even if you do everything right if you happen to be a white male. The left has run out of bogeymen, so it’s begun eating its own. My guess is that gay guys, and white queers will be the next group to have their commitment questioned. This is what all revolutions eventually do, political or cultural-FYI.

• Michael Oakley October 19, 2015 at 2:10 pm -

Says white privileged male. It’s easy to cast your judgment on others without ever having to take responsibility for yourself. You have been born into your position in life and are completely out of tune with the struggles of others who are not exactly like you.

• xmasskull October 19, 2015 at 2:16 pm -

That is by far the dumbest comment,ever!

• IK October 19, 2015 at 9:43 pm -

I agree with you. Your comment is indeed a very stupid one.

• IK October 19, 2015 at 9:44 pm -

I agree with you. Your comment is indeed a very stupid one

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:41 am -

I’m privileged but we’re all equal, I thought. So which is it? lol As you can see by my pic, my life is good, being a white male isn’t bad.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:58 am -

I do love me!

• IK October 19, 2015 at 9:41 pm -

You should really go hang out with your girlfriend and stop littering the internet boy.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:04 am -

No thanks, BOY.

• IK October 19, 2015 at 9:43 pm -

I don’t know Joe, and I don’t know if he is or he is not a jackass. But I am sure you are one.

2. Crystal Rae Valdez October 19, 2015 at 10:19 am -

You may not have been impressed by his lectures. But it was not up to the professor to come up with an answer to ending racism. It ultimately was up to you as the audience member to come up with an answer. So your answer must be what you got from the lecture: turn haters into lovers.

• Tim McGettigan October 19, 2015 at 3:09 pm -

No, Famous Joe’s answer was about as dumb as they come. Haters don’t become lovers just cuz. Haters need motivation. What kind of motivation, you ask? Think about when the US declares war. Literally, at the flip of a social policy switch, the US approves mass murder on the grandest of scales. How can the US do something so awful and still view itself as a “land of justice?” The trick lies in dehumanizing our enemies. If we categorize our enemies as deplorable sub-humans, then we can convince ourselves that killing them by the thousands (or millions!) is VIRTUOUS rather than atrocious. It’s amazing how susceptible people are to deceitful suggestions from authority figures. Simply amazing. How does this correspond with uniquely-American racism? From the beginning, the US has treated people of color as enemy-Others (very much like the US’s wartime enemies). Therefore, we can remedy racism in the USA by extirpating all of the white supremacist policies, practices and presumptions (of which there are many) that are woven into the fabric of the good ol’ USA.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 12:31 am -

Even as this POC class ended up a royal clusterfuck, the lesson is lost on you…

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:56 pm -

Talk to me. I want you. Come on baby.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:13 am -

I’ve already talked to my lesser much too long.

3. Lindsey Weedston October 19, 2015 at 11:54 am -

This is so incredibly awful. Is there anything that we can do to help Ms. Wang? Any place to donate to her?

• Kevin Wintersteen October 19, 2015 at 1:26 pm -

You could help Ms. Wang leave the echo chamber she exists in which evidently didn’t inform her of anything close to a balanced view.

• Lindsey Weedston October 19, 2015 at 1:39 pm -

Seriously? She got a ton of death threats and lost her source of income and this is what you have to say? Piss off.

• Phoenix October 19, 2015 at 4:50 pm -

Libtard

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 12:32 am -

Yes, she brought this on herself by evidently being entirely ignorant of the backlash of being a shameless hypocrite. The death threats are sick, however.

• HappyDay October 21, 2015 at 10:05 am -

Okay, white dude. Sometimes people don’t feel safe or comfortable, especially when they are a minority. For ONE CLASS A MONTH there was a space for a group of people underrepresented in yoga to come explore. Every other time, it was open and welcome to all.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:29 am -

Sorry, did my privilege cause a micro aggression and inhibit your ability to read? You can’t rail against discrimination accuse many of it and then turn around and do just that, especially when it’s based on race. The fact you can’t see why or how this is an issue speaks to the echo chamber you surround yourself with. The outcome here was obvious from a thousand miles away, why do you suppose you couldn’t see it? lol

• HappyDay October 24, 2015 at 12:57 pm -

I’m white middle class with a masters degree (pretty damn privileged), but my child is mixed. I was once “post racial” and thought a lot like you… until I saw what my kid dealt with. Until we were publicly heckled at the Nebraska State Fair for her being a mutt. Until I realized how differently she was treated. My kid is gifted, straight A’s, and in Olympic Development for sports, but that doesn’t matter. Her skin tone does to some people.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:55 pm -

I swear I will bring out the little gay person deep inside of you… fat bitch. lol

• Lindsey Weedston October 22, 2015 at 1:04 pm -

So you’re saying she deserved the threats because she should have expected getting death threats for creating a safe space from white people when we white people apparently do things like ruin the lives of people of color with death threats because we feel left out of one single yoga class among the hundreds in the city of Seattle. Okay.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:12 am -

No, instead of being a slave to your emotions read only what I wrote, don’t infer things I never said.

• IK October 19, 2015 at 9:30 pm -

You rock, douche.

• I Like You October 19, 2015 at 10:22 pm -

Does this mean your fantasy football team is in last place, your waiver wire pickup didn’t go through, and you need to find something else on the internet to help you feel in control?

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 12:32 am -

Shit! It didn’t?

• Savannah October 21, 2015 at 4:15 am -

Oh wow, you look down on gay people too. What a surprise!

Conservatism is such a healthy religion.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:41 am -

I’m a liberal, and where did I say sex work was a bad thing? Stop tilting at windmills you regressive, dumbass. And I’ll bet you wonder why all your causes are marginalized and not in power? Go look at the aggregate IQ’s for the demos you care so much about. Where do you think all that privilege you hate so much came from? How did it start? You and your island of misfit toys don’t measure up in a multitude of ways. Well… Save for victimhood. Try harder next time, you mentally ill, muppet. ; )

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:52 pm -

Yo. Fat boy. Stop attacking people you think you can intimidate with dumb ass comments. Talk to me fat boy. Why did you stop ? I am not even gay, but I swear I’d become one for you. And me loves you long long night bitch. I will not use any oil. I would band the shit out of your hole , you fat bitch. hmmmm lmfao

• Rani Bakr October 19, 2015 at 11:25 pm -

Go back to Stormfront, bro.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 12:35 am -

Yes, thinking discrimination for a “good” cause is hypocritical makes me a Neo-Nazi. And I’ll bet you wonder why Liberals are so far behind in the US compared to the rest of the western world. Hint: It’s dumbass comments like yours which turn off the middle. (I say that as a socialist-BTW)

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:48 pm -

Socialist? You are a fat douche bag. Socialists know how to share. You look like you have eaten the food of 4 others douche! Stop talking about things you don’t understand. Start doing some yoga, you might progress a bit.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:18 am -

Yup, so fat, just look at those pics. Your attempts to lash out because you are jealous seems so sad and desperate. You lower classes are always so angry.

• January October 19, 2015 at 8:45 pm -

Maybe you should tell her to stop appropriating Indian culture

• Lindsey Weedston October 19, 2015 at 9:19 pm -

That might be a conversation we could actually have, but death threats are not the way to do that.

• Firetulip October 20, 2015 at 3:22 am -

Now, why would you say that? Maybe try to take a yoga class and see what it does for body, mind and spirit. Then perhaps with some miracle your closed mind just might open a bit and you;d learn to accept other cultures and people from all walks of life. America is melting pot and if you can’t be open to all, then go live someplace else. See what’s it like to be minority.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:45 pm -

I would like you to elaborate on that?

4. Rich October 19, 2015 at 12:41 pm -

Dori is just a pinhead poser for the right wing.

5. monk October 19, 2015 at 12:49 pm -

I would like to see some evidence of this harassment. Ad why wasn’t the other side interviewed?

• walknseason October 19, 2015 at 1:15 pm -

LOL what an idiot.

• January October 19, 2015 at 8:46 pm -

You’re the idiot. Blindly believing something without any proof

• IK October 22, 2015 at 1:08 pm -

Oh shut up man. Everybody knows you are a fake account. Don’t even try.

• monk October 19, 2015 at 9:06 pm -

Why do you think that? Could you explain?

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:17 am -

Because no one owes you any evidence. That’s why. Go ask the police for evidence ( of fbi or cia or nsa and all the rest of them government orgs), they are the ones responsible for evidence and the ones who monitor communications. This is why you are an idiot.

• monk October 21, 2015 at 7:45 pm -

Well if you want ppl outside your little circle to take you seriously, then yes. You do have to provide evidence. Or at the very least the other side should be able to put forward their case.
            The trouble is, if you only want your side heard, most ppl will think you’re lying.
            I always find those who are the quickest to call someone stupid or an idiot are the most stupid and idiotic of all.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 8:02 pm -

Ok stupid, let me break it down for you. First of all, I am not asking you why you want evidence, I am well aware of the reason and don’t need your explanation. Obviously no one cares if you personally think someone is a liar. So don’t give me that explanation, no one asked for it. I simply gave you one reason as to why you have been called an idiot.

Secondly, the tragedy of the whole situation is enough. I doubt anybody is interested about ‘your circles’ taking the situation seriously, because when idiots take such situations seriously, death treats and such happen. The woman just wants to have Peace, hence why she stopped the POC yoga class.
            Thirdly, when I do a statement, I point out why I do it, unlike you. You on the other side, have not addressed what I said, but instead continue to spit shit, shit that you already wrote. And the reason for this is, that you do not know how, or do not want to respond properly. And that once again proves you are an idiot, or at least an ignorant one. Ignorance being the main reason for stupidity and idiocracy, leads to the same conclusion- you are an idiot.
            Don’t waste my time if you have nothing to say. And as I already said somewhere on these pages- don’t call your self ‘monk’ , it is a disgrace . Monks don’t talk shit. Monks don’t behave passive-aggressively. Call your self punk instead. Got it? Don’t waste my time.

• monk October 22, 2015 at 3:44 am -

Your anger is way out of control. It is quite funny actually. You have explained or presented no case. Just called names and acted like some silly school girl.

You think calling someone stupid or idiot is an actual legitimate response.
            Sure that might have worked in women studies but it doesn’t quite fly in the real world.

And if you don’t like what i say. Don’t read it. If you think it is a waste of your time. Don’t respond to it.
            Other ppl. They can stop being a monk anytime they want. I can’t. I am the real deal.
            Peace out
            The Monk.

• IK October 22, 2015 at 4:22 am -

“Your anger is way out of control”. Nope. I actually star to enjoy this.
            “You have explained or presented no case.” – The case with the POC yoga is enough. All I do is pointing out to pretentious people like your self, their own shortcomings when they ask why they are being called an idiot. I didn’t start it my self, but I sure won’t sit here and watch you people capitalize on an already big enough tragedy, because this is how I perceive the case with the POC yoga.

“Just called names and acted like some silly school girl.” – If resoning does not work for you, racist mother fuckers, pretending to be ‘people of color’, I will call you names . Quite frankly it seem to work, as your posts seem to be getting longer now. And you also try to address what I’m saying now ( although purely done) . So yeah, I will call you names, if it works to make you stop taking this as a Jerry Springer show joke of a sort.

“And you want to know how Monks behave? They behave like me. Because i am a Monk. I did not choose this name. The name chose me.” – You are pathetic, my friend. YOU ARE ASKING FOR PROOF THOSE DEATHTREATS REALLY HAPPENED, BUT YOU DON’T WANT TO PROVIDE PROOF YOUR SELF. i AM PRETTY SURE YOU ARE A WHITE RACIST. lol
            To be honest, I do not have anything against, nor your name, nor your color ( be it dark one or white). However, you are asking for evidence at the wrong place, and I find it idiotic and passive-aggressive to do so . As I already said- this is not Fox or MSNBC or some shit like that. This an online website. I am pretty sure they do not have the money to go and make an investigation. The woman who wrote the article, probably did so for free. When you ask for evidence of death treats in this situation, then you are either not cosciously enough to understand why it is a douch move, or you simply are some racist guy who pretends to be something else and trolls. This is the reason, why you were initially called an idiot ( by another person) . And you were asking why you were called an idiot. So answered your question. You didn’t respond addressing the issue, but instead became even more passive-aggressive etc. So yeah, if I have to call you names ( names which describe your role in the situation, rather than simply offending you) to get your attention and conversate properly , I will do so. And shit, it does work! Although, you still make no valid point, other than being passive aggressive and trying to somehow make me uncomfortable by calling me immature and childish etc. It won’t work on me my friend, mr. Monk. I wish you all the best. And I love you whatever color your skin might be.
            IK

• Rani Bakr October 19, 2015 at 11:22 pm -

“the other side”

go back to Stormfront, bro

• monk October 20, 2015 at 9:05 pm -

Wow. Assuming i am a white male. That’s really racist. Someone really needs to check their white privilege

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:19 am -

I don’t assume you a white male. But as already said- you are an idiot, and it has nothing to do with your skin color. And please, don’t use ‘monk’ as an avatar as if the word came out of some star wars series or something.

• monk October 21, 2015 at 7:58 pm -

The trouble is. Your reasoning for assuming i am an idiot, makes you look more idiotic.
            And i’ll use Monk as it is my last name,. My family came by name our history as slaves.. When one of my ancestors who fled North was housed for 3 nights by Catholic Monks.

Apparently he was going to take the name of their order but he was unable to spell it,.

So no. I will not stop using it for you or anyone else because it might upset your “delicate” sensibilities.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 8:24 pm -

Again . Do not waste my time. I do not care about your family at all. Use your first name.
            And I do not assume anything. I talk facts. Fact is you respond with whatever comes easy to you, because you do not want to accept the fact, that your asking for evidence of death threats on this page, where the person who USED to give POC Yoga classes is not present, was an act of an idiot. And you continue with your refusal to address the points I listed, proving you are an idiot ( ok , perhaps not all the time, but in this situation) . You need to learn how to debate people first mr. Ponk .
            Oh, by the way, why don’t you send us all a picture of your ID so that we know, you are in fact having this as your last name? Because , otherwise , my circles would believe you are a liar. I already believe it btw.

• monk October 22, 2015 at 3:35 am -

My family history makes you jealous. My first name Thomas. But i will use Monk because it is what i ,as a freeman chose to call myself. Is your name IK? No. It isn’t.

” that your asking for evidence of death threats on this page, where the
            person who USED to give POC Yoga classes is not present,”
            WTF does that even mean? The yoga teacher was never present here. And it is a reporters job to over all sides. When they don’t then it is reasonable to assume that the yoga teacher was lying,.

You call me an idiot. But you lack the basic understanding on how news stories are presented.

You say i need to learn how to debate. Yet, you insist anyone wanting two sides presented in a news story is stupid.

And why would you think calling me MR Ponk is some how insulting? All it does it show you up as an immature child. Is that part of your awesome debating skills”?
            O and you will never see my ID sweetie. And what you think i am is irrelevant. As i am just giving my opinion. Not telling a story where someone is being accused of a crime.

So for now The monk is out. Hey i should change my first name to Buddhist lol Get it? Buddhist Monk.

• IK October 22, 2015 at 3:48 am -

You wish. I couldn’t care less of your family history .haha
            “And it is a reporters job to over all sides” – First learn to express your self more clear- I thought you expected to see evidence from the yoga instructor. Secondly, this site do not strike me to be a mainstream media like fox news or something, and they surely don’t have the resources to do so. Plus, why would anybody owe you any evidence if you do not present any evidence as to who you are? Where is your evidence?
            I’m immature? lol I don’t care if you want to think that, but I will continue to call you mr. Punk- as it seems to work getting your attention and finally starting to take the conversation seriously and addressing my points. Because I am tired of passive-aggressive people like you spamming the internet- you are everywhere and you are covering everything with your slime.
            You can change your name to buddhist Monkey, I don’t care. As long as you show proof. If you don’t have proof, get the fuck out of here. Where is the proof?

• monk October 22, 2015 at 11:14 pm -

Again. Giving someone who is being accused of a crime a chance to respond. Is in no way idiotic.
            The fact you think this is just mind boggling.
            And yes i accidentally left the letter “C” off of the word cover. big deal. Would you like me to go over your mistakes?

• IK October 23, 2015 at 9:56 am -

Don’t start with ‘again’ , because as far as I can remember you never mentioned this so far. Are you saying , the yoga instructor is accused of crime? What crime ? The crime of wanting to help neglected souls with all sorts of troubles and problems? You better think your words through, because this is the biggest bullshit I’ve heard from you so far (even bigger than all the nonsense the fat boy who was trying to troll above) . If people would read your arguments, they would probably laugh or cry. And let’s not forget that it took you like 3 days to come up with this nonsense.
            You know, you can go through my mistakes as much as you want. I would just ignore that. I am only interested in not giving you, or this this fat boy, to intimidate on one else in these comments anymore- that is all I care about, not letting you take over that space too. If I do mistakes in my expression- I am fine with that. What I am interested in , is to be able to express my self in such a way, that it is reasoned, logical , and everybody understands it, so I can get my point across. I’d rather have typos and mistakes and such and have people understand me, than have no mistakes and say nothing ( which is what you do ) .
            I am done with you ‘bullshit monk-e’ . You just can not conversate, all you can do is trying to troll , and you can’t even do that. Now bounce.

• monk October 26, 2015 at 2:25 am -

I said “again” because it was the second or third time i’ve stated it.

No i didn’t not say the yoga instructor is accused of crime. I said she was accusing someone else of a crime. I should pass this info onto the person she is accusing and tell him about it. There is a strong case of slander here.

I don’t need your permission to pick out your mistakes. I shall do it at
            my leisure. You got that? I am the boss of what i say not you.
            So begone. You’re boring this Monk. Go before i make you look never more foolish

• IK October 26, 2015 at 10:34 am -

What is foolish ,is to request evidence from someone who obviously is not present. Nobody was ever ‘charged with a crime in a court’, so wanting to see evidence for the crimes of some anonymous people, which in the context of this situation ( a third person simply reporting in an article, on which we are commenting) , when clearly getting such evidence is impossible- this is what foolishness is. This is what I have been trying to explain to you from the very beginning , when I pointed out to you why you have been called an ‘idiot’ . And it was really an expression of my good will ( yes that’s right) to try and explain to you the implications of your pseudo-intellectual statement. I did it with the hope , that you will think about it. Yet, you continue to do the blah blah blah thing of yours.

• IK October 26, 2015 at 10:34 am -

And don’t think, that by calling me a ‘fool’ it will somehow make any of my points less valid. Am I boring you? I don’t think so. If something, I am getting on your nerves, because I am exposing your pretentious quasi – intellectual stand point of a man, desperately trying to show how well he learned the “white men'” law and logic.

• IK October 26, 2015 at 10:35 am -

However, this is not a court room. If you are free to call your self a ‘monk’ , then I can’t see why a person can not accuse some anonymous people of threatening someone else, even if it was not true- this is why you people are supposed to have ‘freedom of expression’ here, in ‘the land of the brave and the free’ . You wanna call your self a monk – go ahead. But if you do , do not ask for evidence of the death treats , where it is impossible to get it. If you want evidence so bad, uncle Tom (if you are a man of color at all), then go to the police, to the nsa, fbi etc. I have already pointed you in the right direction, right from the very start.

• IK October 26, 2015 at 10:35 am -

Asking for evidence here, is not only foolish and stupid, but it’s simply an expression of a total ignorance of the context of the situation and frankly, you do not just look as an idiot, but as an idiotic douche bag. It is also an expression of bad taste, which is why others didn’t have the desire to explain why they called you an ‘idiot’. I bet you seemed to them like a ‘lost cause’ and they didn’t wanna waste their time. You love this type of situations though. You loved making it all about you and how you were called an idiot after making a seemingly logical and reasonable statement. But that passive-aggressive shit don’t work with me, as you can see.

• IK October 26, 2015 at 10:36 am -

I’m done giving you the grace of my patience and devoting time so I can explain the situation to you.
            Peace.
            IK

• monk October 26, 2015 at 9:31 pm -

I told you to begone.

• IK October 27, 2015 at 9:03 am -

🙂

• IK October 27, 2015 at 9:04 am -

Make me uncle.

• monk November 2, 2015 at 6:00 am -

Couldn’t keep quite could you? Now I have notified the person in this story and he is taking legal action against the Yoga instructor.

• IK November 2, 2015 at 10:55 am -

Let’s see if I got this clear… Who is ‘the person in this story’ ??? Are you saying, you did this, because you couldn’t stand me winning an argument over you, explaining you why you were called an idiot? Well, congratulations. Not only an idiot, from now on officially a dochebag too!

• monk November 2, 2015 at 5:08 pm -

1. You’ve no need to know.

2. Just calling someone a name wins you nothing

3. Your argument was weak, flat, childish and just plain inaccurate

4. Just like all dogs that have been defeated. Your undeserved sense of pride wouldn’t let you shut your mouth . Now that woman is going to have to go through a costly court case. All because of you. lol lol loll

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 12:54 am -

You sound mentally ill, BRO.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:12 am -

And you are simply a coward.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:21 am -

Yup. I feel so scolded by you. My dog can’t lecture me and neither can you. ; )

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:46 am -

Hey, how’s the therapy going, manage not to gnaw off your foot or do anything batshit? lol

• Savannah October 21, 2015 at 4:26 am -

Haven’t you already had plenty of space to issue threats against this woman on Stormfront and rightwing talk radio? Does it really make you people that angry, just hearing out her point of view?

• monk October 21, 2015 at 7:52 pm -

So many whites on here calling ppl of color white. Amazing. I don’t go to storm front and i don’t listen to right wing radio.. Or left winged radio for that matter,. And i love how she gets to put her point of view across,. As a non person of color you wouldn’t understand how rare this opportunity is. But. Both sides needs to be heard. Otherwise we grow weaker.

And as you may of worked out i am a person of color. Yes it must come as a big shock to you. A person of color on the internet. Guess what else? I own this laptop. Paid for out of my own hard earned cash. Big shock to someone like you i bet.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm -

Sooooo. You are a people of color…I see… You are the favorite slave of the slave master. As if that makes any difference. You continue to say nothing, while pushing your passive-aggressive behavior . Guess what, my ass is whiter than most white people’s teeth around here. Yet, I don’t consider my self ‘white’ ever since a so called ‘white’ meth addict told me: ‘You are not white, you are European’ . So spare me the ‘I am not white’ speech. Even if it is true, it does not matter. Don’t change the subject of this whole conversation, just because you don’t know what to say , but you wanna take part. Stop wasting internet space eh.

• monk October 22, 2015 at 3:23 am -

I was wondering if you were black or white. But judging by that comment it is now obvious that you are white. When ever i see the old uncle Tom like references 9 times out of 10 it is from a white sjw/liberal.

You ppl hate nothing more than a black person who has turned their backs on you. You refer to me as a slave. Yet the irony is, it is the fact i am no longer enslaved to you which is pissing you off. I only need look at your rage and blatant racism to see this.

I tell you. No one is as racist as a white liberal/SJW whose ideals have rejected by a blackman.

If you’re white you’re white. What ever you consider yourself is irrelevant.

Just like how Shaun King is a whiteman.

• IK October 22, 2015 at 3:31 am -

Where is your proof ? Stop escaping the topic.I doubt you are people of color, and I doubt your family name is Monk. And you are boring with your theories about my self. If I was a racist, I would not waste time arguing with you close minded people.Learn to have a conversation.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:45 am -

Monk isn’t white, you silly koont. Hahahaha

6. Kevin Wintersteen October 19, 2015 at 1:18 pm -

Situations like this come up time and time again. Liberals need to realize that though they may believe they are entitled to be hypocritical because their cause is so just, the rest of society does not. That there was a backlash to this POC class should not be surprising. The business owner needs to leave the little bubble she lives in and comprehend just because she thinks an exclusionary class is OK because she thinks she has the moral high ground, not everyone believes the ends justify the means. Note: in no way am i condoning death threats, but this was all very predictable, she has more skin invested in the game than anyone, its on her to make smart decisions. Frankly, if she thought her cause was so just and the class so desperately needed why didn’t she go through with it, bad decision or not? Could it be that she doesn’t believe in her own narative?

• Michael Oakley October 19, 2015 at 2:07 pm -

You’re a jerk. With comprehension issues.

• Lindsey Weedston October 19, 2015 at 5:05 pm -

She went through with it for five years. You try continuing your business when you’ve received hundreds of death threats and are getting threatening calls every five minutes. Maybe stop talking about situations you can’t possibly understand.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:01 am -

I’m pretty sure I can comprehend this it certainly isn’t rocket science. The fact I don’t share your opinion must really bug you, welcome to the world.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:05 am -

First understand your situation before , trying to comprehend other people’s situation.

• Lindsey Weedston October 22, 2015 at 1:02 pm -

Lol clearly you can’t.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:51 am -

Yes, because I don’t share your opinion, and there is only one ‘Right’ opinion… I must not understand it. You realize how retarded you sound, right? Hahahaha

• qnetter October 19, 2015 at 9:32 pm -

Actually, jerk, people need to be able to participate in activities and contexts in which they are not “other.”

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:02 am -

Pretty sure we’re all American, and All Human. Assimilation is nifty like that.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:10 am -

Stop with the ‘being sure’ repetitions. You are not even sure of your self. This is why you have a picture of a blond with you. And this is why you feel the need to show ‘superiority’ by attacking victims on the internet. So stop the ‘being sure’ thing. Plus, you don’t have an idea what it means to be an American, and much less what it is to be Human.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:24 am -

I show superiority by just being. This is why you are so angry. I roll out of bed and I’m standing on third meanwhile you can’t afford to even play the game. Don’t hate, make yourself better. Work harder, shut your mouth, don’t whine about fairness.

• IK October 19, 2015 at 9:46 pm -

Boy, did I not tell you to go play with your girlie and not mess with grown up people’s business?

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:06 am -

If the business in question is indicative of the quality of your ‘business’, you need all the advice you can get.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:06 am -

What? Are you the moral police? Fix your moral values first.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:25 am -

There is only one value and that’s winning. Anyone that tells you there are more morals than that alone is a loser. People like you care for other morals for a reason, you are a loser.

• Rani Bakr October 19, 2015 at 11:24 pm -

Go back to Stormfront, creep.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:02 am -

Crazy, Crazy for being so lonely…… lol

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:44 am -

Who is more lonely boy? A person who do not pretend to be someone else, and has more balls than a fat guy? Or a fat guy, who needs to show the world that he has a blonde girlfriend, while feeling the need to troll the internet because he didn’t get any attention from his woman ( sexually and otherwise) ?
          I feel for you brother… It’s hard life. It’s hard when you do not get release for all those hormones, body fats and perhaps steroids. I am with you. if she does not want to play with you- just go and work out. Preferably aerobic excercises , so you can get some fresh air in your system and mainly in your brain. It would also make feel at ease and you would , as you say, ‘harden the fuck up’.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:18 am -

I’m not your brother, I’m your better. Know your place. LoL

• Chris Allen October 20, 2015 at 8:47 am -

Let’s try to put this into terms you might understand, Kevin:

Have you ever been repeatedly bullied? Not “That one time someone bullied me” but “Every day at school I’m constantly having to watch out for and try to avoid these bullies: in the halls, in the cafeteria, in the bathroom, whenever the teacher leaves the room, entering the building, leaving the building, on the bus”? The bullies aren’t bullying you every single moment, of course—BUT, because they do it frequently, whenever you’re in the environment where they get to you, you spend every moment on the lookout, right? You spend a lot of time, energy (and anxiety) watching out for them, trying to plan how you’re going to deal with them if they catch you, how you might get away from them, how to avoid them, etc.

That’s a highly stressful way to live.

Now, imagine that you are that kid, and that there’s a place you can go at times where you’re safe—let’s say, the librarian is a stern protective bear who won’t let ANYONE do ANY kind of bullying there, and keeps a sharp eye out for it. Further, the librarian keeps an eye on YOU, keeps you where they can see you and be sure you’re safe. That library is going to spell “SAFE” to you: it’s a place where you can let down your guard, rest, let go of the constant stress and anxiety and watchfulness.

Hopefully you’re following along with this right now, and can comprehend the corollary: people who belong to a disadvantaged group/population, such as minorities who experience racism every day (our culture has institutionalized and widespread racism), women who experience sexism/misogyny every day in some form, LGBTQ people who experience harassment and labeling as “other” and prejudice every day… they’re very like the kid who gets caught out by the bullies, who has to watch out for and deal with the stress on a constant basis.

Ergo, people in that situation need safe spaces where they don’t have to worry about running into that crap. This was what this POC Yoga place was for them: a safe place to rest, to calm, to try to restore themselves and their energies. And yes, it was made safe by excluding the people who come at all this from the dominant perspective, people who don’t have to live under that kind of stress: White, hetero, cis-gendered people.

It’s not racist to create safe spaces like this for people who are under the kind of barrage that you obviously don’t understand because you’ve never had to experience it: you’re White and cis-male (and I’m guessing hetero). Basically, you’ve never had to walk in their shoes, so you are dismissing their life experience and what the need to help them cope with it.

The thing is, if you actually listened to them, you might. I’m White, and I get it.

• Chris Allen October 20, 2015 at 8:52 am -

Also, even if a White person isn’t exhibiting overt or doing unconscious racism, their presence can still be stressful at times. There’s the White friend who said something that’s unconsciously racist, that you had to deal with. There’s all those White people who are trying to be nice and understand, but look to you to educate them. Even nice White people can be a drain, or hurt you unexpectedly.

Getting away into a group where everyone there instinctively understands racism because they also grew up under it, where you don’t have to explain things and teach, where you don’t have to worry about arguments that racism isn’t real, etc., is a safe space.

• Charlotte Thistle October 20, 2015 at 6:24 pm -

So call it a “safe space for survivors of racism”. That then allows for the possibility, however remote, that a white person who has experienced and was affected personally by racism could attend this class. (You know, like one of my white friends who lived in Japan for ten years and got called racial slurs on a regular basis.)

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:36 am -

Are you saying Yoga teachers’ first priority should be how they call their classes , just so they can satisfy your wishes, and make up for a few Japanese people’s mistakes? And all that, just in the case of ms Charlotte Thistle wakes up one morning and decides to share her presence and time with the queer people? Your family name should be ‘Twisted’ my Dear. We both know, you would probably never have heard of this class of yoga in question!
            And let me remind you, that yoga was practiced and subsequently spread through out the word by, what you like to call ” People of Color” ! It is pretty fucked up to get offended, by something you would never have taken advantage of anyway. Now that you heard from your brainwashed friends about the whole thing, you feel the need to go on the internet to defend your wicked ways.
            Gimme a break! ( Oh, you don’t understand?
            I am sorry Maam, I meant to say:
            Give me a fucking break, Madam!)

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:00 am -

Well then, my advice would be to harden the fuck up. The world is a tough uncaring place, for *all* of us. If you pee your pants around white folks, I’ve got news for you. There are real dangerous people in the world, and judging by the stats from the FBI and BJS your fears should be directed elsewhere. White folks don’t lead the country in gun violence, for example. I’m pretty sure getting raped mugged at gun point > “micro aggressions”

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:02 am -

Follow your own advice and ‘harden the fuck up’, instead of getting more and more body fat , while eating too much of the food that was most probably produced by the people you are attacking, fat boy!

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:31 am -

You got me, I put up that pic to highlight how fat I am compared to to the average pro athlete. Hahaha How many warrants do you have out? ; )

• jesus_loves_you! October 21, 2015 at 1:03 pm -

Quit being such a fucking pussy.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm -

You fucking coward! How is someone who can write well and express an opinion, back it up, while doing it in a polite tone, a pussy? And what is your problem with Jesus? Were you raped by your pastor uncle when you were a kid? STFU!

• jesus_loves_you! October 22, 2015 at 1:00 pm -

Because they sound like a whiny little bitch crying over microagression bullshit.. Good thing they be in USAmerica instead of Aleppo or Mosul where there would be some serious shit to worry about.

• IK October 22, 2015 at 1:06 pm -

This is some serious shit, coward. And, if you are in Aleppo, I think you should go spam their webs with nonsense. One thing you are right about though- Jesus does love, he even loves you, poor soul.

• jesus_loves_you! October 23, 2015 at 7:15 pm -

This is some serious shit? lol, you need to get out more, maybe experience some real prejudice.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:49 am -

I thinks it’s quite obvious you are a pussy. Now know your place as just a hole and be quiet.

• Raoh shiro October 21, 2015 at 1:17 pm -

Ni88er: Give me your clothes, boot’s, motorcycle and wife and we’ll call it even
          Chris Allen – Progressive Cuck: Ok

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:28 pm -

Quit bitchin’ internet gangsta you.

• Holden October 20, 2015 at 11:13 am -

“Note: in no way am i condoning death threats, but this was all very predictable,” – so said the rape victim blamers as well

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:01 am -

Nice straw man.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:37 am -

Don’t waste people’s time with a one line nonsense, boy! Also, stop repeating me. It just shows the limits of your mind and language, just a friendly advice. 🙂

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:19 am -

Don’t make any sudden movements near cops. Just some friendly advice! : )

• Holden November 12, 2015 at 8:32 pm -

actually the logical fallacy is yours 🙂

7. WalterFuques October 19, 2015 at 2:05 pm -

White is a color, too. And SJWs always lie. Drama-queens who seek the opportunity to be offended should just be ignored.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:25 am -

I agree. If we would be talking outside of the context of the situation of wide spread racism. And if so called ‘whites’ would perceive them selves as people of color too, then “POC Yoga” would have included them, and so there should have been no issue at all, in the first place.
      However, this is not the case.

Plus, the so called drama queens, have lived in drama most of their lives and have been denied the right to feel safe and comfortable in their own skin, and feel loved for who they are. So don’t be too fast to judge.

8. Matt Chan October 19, 2015 at 2:05 pm -

To me the real story here is not who is right or wrong, but how we now go from disagreeing with some to “Death Threats”! It seems like the ignorant and bigoted who never had the balls to say what they think in public now feel empowered by the anonimity the internet and driven by craven radio personalities who use there position to whip up ratings, while doing little to promote responsible public discourse.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 10:45 am -

True.

• monk November 4, 2015 at 4:34 am -

Where is the evidence that they issued these threats?

9. IK October 19, 2015 at 9:37 pm -

The whole thing makes me angry.

10. SQDB October 19, 2015 at 10:31 pm -

We should celebrate that a company that refused to serve someone based on the color of their skin has been shut down.

• Rani Bakr October 19, 2015 at 11:23 pm -

“But all the blacks who send death threats to people who have confederate flags aren’t bigots.”

they also don’t exist outside of your fevered imagination

• Alrra October 20, 2015 at 2:26 pm -

Oh, how wrong you are! “These people don’t exist because I don’t wanna accept my incredibly dumb position is bullshit”
        Go back to your feel good echo chamber, hun.

• IK October 21, 2015 at 9:36 pm -

Yo, I have done my best to respond in a civilized manner to all of you racist idiots. But you are not even worth making a point… In your case, I could only laugh …. Because you can’t even construct a sentence . Jokes like you , shouldn’t even be allowed on the internet.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:47 am -

Taking your ball and going home? Ahhhhh, so sad

11. 37 Pieces Of Ric Flair October 20, 2015 at 12:42 am -

Screw Dori Monson and his bunch of entitled white whining followers. I hope he loses his job over this.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 21, 2015 at 1:10 am -

Dori is a dumbass, thats what they pay him to do, though.

12. Einelorelei October 20, 2015 at 11:35 am -

=( That’s awful.

13. Nancy October 20, 2015 at 3:20 pm -

Teresa and Jenn, my heart goes to you. I hope you are able to re-create your sanctuary.

14. Tim McGettigan October 21, 2015 at 6:16 am -

In the US, the white supremacist status quo has always been predicated on horrific violence. Recall that US democracy is built on a foundation of continent-wide genocide: systematically murdering North America’s original inhabitants. In spite of all the violence perpetrated by white racists, those selfsame racists persist in a white-hot fog of hostile denial. White racists HATE to be called racists.

White racists are always angry. Have you noticed? But being called racists makes white racists even angrier. In part, this is because acknowledging the reality of pervasive white racism undermines the illusion of the US as the world’s greatest democracy. (In the absence of hate-filled delusions, it is impossible to simultaneously be the world’s greatest purveyor of both genocide and democracy — as they are mutually contradictory activities.)

All that said, the US can still become an anti-racist democracy. However, to do so, the US will have to terminate the white supremacist principles on which it has always operated. Since doing so would require more effort and honesty than most white racists can bear, white racists consistently opt to maintain the racist status quo with their trusty old tool of racist violence.

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:57 am -

You benefit daily from Europeans and their better more advanced culture dominating the cultures they encountered and taking this continent. BTW- Genocide and Democracy are not mutually exclusive, you fucking retard. Just don’t wipe out your own citizens and voila democracy still intact and look at all the new land to settle! lol The winners write the history and the better cultures almost always win, that’s why they are better after all, they prove it by dominating.

15. jesus_loves_you! October 21, 2015 at 1:00 pm -

Sounds like a lot of POC drama to me. Not buying the whole death threats thing. Lady shouldn’t have been such an idiot and a hypocrite with the “blacks only” BS.

She has reaped what she sowed. lol

16. IK October 23, 2015 at 10:46 am -

I would like to know if there is still people interested in POC yoga ( in the Seattle area) ?
    I am not affiliated by no means with the lady who did it, nor have I ever met her. Leave her alone.
    Are any people out there interested in doing yoga, for free ( I won’t accept payments) , perhaps in a park, or any other space someone could come up with…
    I generally resent yoga studios as these are place where the rich folks go, because only they can afford it most of the times. Since I do not have a space, I can imagine doing it in the open.
    However, this will be called POC+ Yoga, as there will be a catch (sort of ) . This will be open to all peoples, from all colors, all ages, all sexes, all genders. ALL. It is my strong conviction, that we are all people of color and the whole black vs. white, and white vs. all the rest is absurd in the first place. So when I say people of color , I mean all the rainbow colors and that means ‘white’ too. So this will be open to so called ‘whites’ ( although I am pretty sure they won’t show up), but most of my focus, intention and instructions and energy will be focused on helping the ones who are in minority, the ones with the bigger health issues, be it being overweight, or having addictions, or heaving mental issues or identity crises. With other words, I will focus more on gay people, queer people, addicts, overweight, ex-convicts- you name it . But technically it will be open to so called ‘white people’, too . However, they need to be aware, that I will not tolerate any passive-aggressive bullshit nor any clowning, not even people who would like to show off their great ‘stretching skills’ in front of, lets say, bigger and less flexible ones.
    People who would like to attend, have nothing to fear . If there is death treats and such nonsense- I will take the blame. If there is trolls like the fat boy who was trying to troll in the comments below- I will deal with them, even if it means getting my ass beat so that no none else gets hurt.
    Now, this is as of now, just an idea, an open invitation to whom might be interested. Again, I will not make any money, I’m simply volunteering. Please let me know, in case you are interested, by sending me a private message ( i’m not sure if there is such a feature on here though) or by emailing me at : ivan{dot}kruss[at]gmail{dot]com , or by replying on my post here. I do not have service on my phone, else I’d give you the number.
    Please understand, if this POC+ happens , it won’t be like your regular yoga stretching class . This will be more like a crush course of deep and sound understanding of yoga asanas (stretching poses), basic pranayamas ( breathing techniques), meditation ( concentration technique) followed by a discussion centered around all these and around PEACE- Inner Peace, Outer Peace, Peace in the Community. My goal will be to give a deep and sound understanding of everything mentioned, how it is done, why it is done, how it all works together, how it can help you in your own struggles. This will be no bikram yoga bullshit . My goal will not be to make you relax for a few hours, just so you can indulge even better with your addictions and/or wicked behavior after yoga class. To the contrary, we will persue deep healing of mind, body and soul, that will last. My goal is to give you such skills and understanding of yoga, that you will NEVER EVER AGAIN FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A YOGA CLASS in order to get healing and learn yoga. Those who pay attention and are interested in the real deal yoga will be able to continue to self educate on the subject and will be able to do yoga in their homes if they need to or desire so, so that no douche bags can affect your yoga practice again, the way they did with POC Yoga.
    This is a serious proposal. I have a soft spot for minorities of all kinds and just want to help. It just so happens, that I do not have much to do at the moment, and I feel like I could help out by sharing my understanding on the subjects I listed above. If there is people interested, most probably this will happen on the weekends , and the classes will be 2 hours long as opposed to 1. Perhaps even longer, if the weather allows it.
    May We All Know Peace.
    IK

• Kevin Wintersteen October 24, 2015 at 2:52 am -

Did you just admit that you’re homeless and live in a park? lol

• IK October 24, 2015 at 9:06 am -

Haha . Is that all you could come up with, fat boy? Anyway, if that POC+ Yoga happens , you are welcomed to join, too. It would help you with your weight and your mental issues. At that point, I’m not even joking with you. I mean it- you are welcome.