To inquire about posting a classified, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 624-3925.
Volunteer Program Manager
PURPOSE: Responsible for overall coordination of agency Volunteer Program, including all non-elected agency volunteers to support the mission and strategic vision of ACRS and serve the community. Volunteers coordinated include event and ongoing volunteers (individuals and groups), as well as interns and AmeriCorps Members.
STATUS: Full-time / Regular
SUPERVISOR: Special Events & Grants Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and implements systems to recruit, place and retain non-elected agency volunteers including screening, placement, orientation and, if necessary, performance improvement or termination. Coordinates with program supervisors to identify volunteer needs and build and maintain accurate volunteer and intern job descriptions. Recruits, leads and manages event volunteers including corporate, school and community groups.
- Researches, attends, and creates opportunities to represent the agency at human service and community fairs. Works with higher education institutions to promote service learning at the agency. Performs general outreach to corporations and community groups on behalf of the agency and its programs to potential clients, donors, volunteers, friends, and potential employees. Recruits and trains agency staff and volunteers to assist with outreach. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with external partners in schools, businesses, and other community service organizations.
- Promotes strong positive volunteer-staff relations by designing appropriate volunteer supervision, motivation, and recognition between programs, clients, and volunteers in order to build community and increase services provided. Leads post-event appreciation activities, and overall recognition and communication through social media, email, newsletters, and website.
- Creates and maintains tools, templates and systems for communications, presentations and evaluations to support all aspects of volunteer recruitment, recognition, administration and retention. Collects, enters and reports on monthly volunteer and intern hours and maintains volunteer program database.
- Leads development of agency strategies for increased utilization of volunteers and interns to meet the service needs of the agency and its clients. Develops quality improvement practices. Participates in annual planning process, and attends all agency, program and team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervision. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, managers/directors and leadership at all levels of the agency.
- Supervises part-time staff or volunteers, as available, providing administrative support for the Volunteer Program.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years experience in volunteer management, general supervision, event planning, fundraising, marketing or public relations.
Four (4) years volunteer management or other relevant experience.
- Ability to respect and be responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Strong written and oral communication skills, and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and fundraising techniques, social media, tools, and donor/volunteer databases helpful.
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of Microsoft Office and relevant software for word processing, calendaring, email, data entry, reports, and presentations. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
- Must have reliable transportation to meet transportation needs when participating in off-site meetings, job related errands, agency information booths and preparation of events. If using a personal or an agency vehicle to fulfill job duties, must have a valid driver license and be insurable under ACRS’ auto policy. If using a personal vehicle, must have current auto insurance including coverage for work-related business.
SALARY: $3,303.15 to $3,609.44 per month, depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
BENEFITS: Medical, dental and life/accidental, death & long-term disability insurance; generous vacation/sick/holiday pay; 403(b) and pension plans.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or mail at Attn: Human Resources, 3639 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S., Seattle, WA 98144.
Asian Counseling and Referral Service is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. ACRS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal, military or veteran status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those individuals requiring accommodation should notify ACRS in advance. ACRS is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Facebook in English: facebook.com/WAEducationOmbuds
Facebook in Spanish: facebook.com/OmbudsdeEducacion