To inquire about posting a classified, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 624-0601.
The English Department in the Arts and Humanities Division at Bellevue College announces an opening for two Full-time Tenure Track Faculty positions, beginning Fall Quarter, 2014. Instructors will teach a minimum load of 15 credits (three classes) per quarter in developmental and college-level composition courses, which offered in classroom, hybrid, and distance learning or on-line modalities. The instructors also develop curriculum and learning experiences, advise, and develop other strategies to help students succeed and meet learning outcomes using technology as best fits the needs of the students.
The individual occupying this position will be responsible for the following:
- Teach a minimum load of 15 credits (three classes) per quarter in developmental and college-level composition courses
- Teach courses offered in classroom, hybrid, and distance learning or on-line modalities
- Keep up-to-date on instructional technology and learning management systems, e.g., Canvas or its equivalent
- Be available to teach classes on a variety of days and/or times
- Assess student placement essays and student learning outcomes
- Foster a positive, caring, equitable learning environment where differences and pluralism are valued, and all students have opportunities to be successful learners
- Participate in on-going curriculum development, revision, and implementation
- Participate in developing the department’s pre-college teaching and learning strategies
- Maintain teaching excellence, current knowledge, and skills in discipline and area of assignment
- Participate in governance responsibilities with colleagues
- Participate in the life and culture of the department, division, and college
- Perform related duties as required
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in English, Composition Studies, Rhetoric, or other related field (articulate in a cover letter how your degree has prepared you for this specific position)
- Experience or preparation in at least two of the following areas: Program/department, leadership and governance, technical writing, literature and/or learning communities, hybrid and/or online course development and instruction
- Two years of experience in teaching Composition in higher education
- Experience teaching writing to native and non-native speakers, those with physical and learning disabilities, students from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and students at diverse levels of academic preparation
- Demonstrated commitment to pluralism and multiculturalism in pedagogy
- Willingness to engage in professional development activities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a collegial manner with diverse faculty, staff, and student population
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience with innovative teaching and learning strategies in developmental composition
- Experience with learner-centered teaching and collaborative learning
- Experience engaging in professional development activities
- Teaching or professional experience as a technical writer
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to teaching and learning theory, curriculum development, and assessment of learning outcomes
Applications received by January 12, 2014 will receive first consideration. Applications received by February 20, 2014 will receive second consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until position is filled.
To apply, go to www.bellevuecollege.edu/jobs and review the full job announcement, required documents to be attached, and full application instructions.
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Pathway to Apprenticeship Opportunities #59915
Deadline to apply is February 28, 2014
If you are looking for a hands-on job that may lead into an exciting and rewarding career in the electrical trades, PSE’s Pathway to Apprenticeship could be the right move for you!
Puget Sound Energy is seeking people interested in qualifying for future Pathway to Apprenticeship (PTA) opportunities in the energy sector. PTA jobs are entry level positions that may lead into Apprenticeship opportunities. These positions give you the opportunity to learn about the company and work with a diverse group of people while learning the tools of the trade.
PSE offers Apprenticeship programs in: Substation Wire, Hydro Electrician, Hydro Mechanic, Electric Meter and Combustion Turbine Specialist.
As Apprentice openings become available, they will be filled based on seniority by employees holding PTA positions.
Minimum requirements to test:
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 full year of high school level algebra with a grade of “C” or better or college equivalent
Selection process overview:
- Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be invited to take the National Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (NJATC) test for the electrical industry.
- Upon receipt of the online application a full packet of apprenticeship required forms and materials will be sent via US mail for completion and submission prior to testing.
- All application packets must be postmarked by March 21, 2014. No exceptions will be made. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure this gets submitted back to PSE.
- The NJATC test will occur on April 10, 2014 in Bellevue, WA.
- Applicants successfully scoring 7 or better on the NJATC test will be invited to interview. Applicants will then receive a score based off their interview and test scores and will be ranked in the PTA Qualified Pool.
- As PTA positions become available, they will be offered to those in the qualified pool in order of the combined scores.
- Successful candidates will be required to participate in PTA training opportunities.
- Those holding PTA positions are then eligible to bid on apprenticeship positions as they become available. This is in part of the occupational progression as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.
- These are safety sensitive positions which are subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol testing.
- These are IBEW Represented positions and the successful candidates will become members of the IBEW.
- The selected candidate will need to be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Job opportunities will be throughout PSE’s service territory which covers much of Western Washington. Relocation may be required.
- Candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening including a physical capacity assessment (for ability to perform essential job functions).
- Pay for PTA positions will be at least $14.41 per hour. Apprentice positions start at $30.66 per hour.
**For further information contact: email@example.com
Program standards can be viewed at: http://www.lni.wa.gov.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.